Any alarm systems,whether commercial or residential, is subject to somewhat alarm failure or wrong
alarm for variety of reasons.
1. Owing to the omission of user, the system was not armed.
2. Misunderstanding on the user’s manual by the user or installer causes the abnormal
working of the system.
3. Intruders may gain access through unprotected openings or have the technical
sophistication to bypass an alarm sensor or disconnect an alarm warning device.
Passive Infrared Motion Detectors can only detect intrusion within the designed
ranges as diagrammed in their installation manual. They do not provide volumetric
area protection. They can not detect motion or intrusion that takes place behind walls,
ceiling, floors, closed doors, glass partitions, glass doors, or windows.
4. Passive Infrared Detector sense changes in temperature; however, as the ambient
temperature of protected area approaches the temperature range of 32℃ to 40
℃, the detection performance will decrease.
5. It is exiting no-power or battery-aging.
6. Alarm warning devices such as sirens, bells or horns may not alert people or wake up
sleeper if they are located on the other side of closed or partly open doors.
7. Telephone lines needed to transmit alarm signals from a premise to a central
monitoring station may be out of service or temporarily out of service. Telephone lines
are also subject to compromise by sophisticated intruders.
8. The most common cause of an alarm system not functioning when an intrusion or fire
occurs is inadequate maintenance. This alarm system should be tested weekly to
make sure all sensors and transmitters are working properly.
9. The wireless communication distance is the testing figure in open area. Please make
sure no obstacle in the surrounding environment to guarantee the reliability of the
wireless communication distance farther.
10. The weak network signal may be caused by adjusting of carrier, busy network or
unavailability of SIM antenna
So security awareness can not be relaxed